https://timetoplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TIME-TO-PLAY-LOGO-resources.png 0 0 Rebecca L. Norrington https://timetoplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TIME-TO-PLAY-LOGO-resources.png Rebecca L. Norrington2014-02-10 22:32:282014-02-10 22:32:28Is It Possible to Be Single and Happy on Valentine’s Day?
Is It Possible to Be Single and Happy on Valentine’s Day?
February 14th is Valentine’s Day, and love is in the air: you can’t escape it. It’s a day to celebrate being and falling in love. But what if you don’t have that special person in your life on Valentine’s Day? Is it possible to be happy on Valentine’s Day even when you’re single? I emphatically say YES, and I would like to share 5 creative ways and show examples of how to be Happy on Valentine’s Day, even when you’re single.
- This is a perfect day to focus on you. Use the day to fall in love with You. The truth is the more you exhibit love for yourself the more you open yourself up to love from another. Just as you would plan a date with a special someone, plan to treat yourself to things you love to do. Buy yourself flowers. Get a massage. Dine in or take out from your favorite restaurant. Watch your favorite movie and/or listen to your favorite music.
- Cheer someone else up. Volunteer your services at a convalescent home, or a children’s’ hospital, or a Veteran’s hospital. Purchase Valentine’s Day cards in bulk, sign them, and hand them out to perfect strangers throughout the day. Contact people whom you haven’t spoken to in awhile. Make it your intention to be the reason someone else smiles on Valentine’s Day.
- Create a list of 10 things you are grateful for. There is no substitute for expressing gratitude. You cannot be grateful and depressed at the same time.
- Change your perspective. There are several ways you can immediately change your perspective so that you feel good being alone on Valentine’s Day. Example: Instead of thinking you are spending the day alone, change your perspective to reflect a celebratory day of meditation.
- Face it, there are several reasons to celebrate being single. Most of our greatest moments of self-improvement, insights, and periods of growth occur while spending time alone.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!