Doreen Guma, MA, FACHE, CPHRM, CPC, CLC, Certified Coach – Social & Emotional Intelligence
Author, Coach and Speaker
Please click here for Doreen’s complete bio and resume
Doreen Guma is the author of the book, If I Knew Then What I Know Now, Our Quest for Quality of Life. She has earned a Bachelor of Science in Management, a Masters Degree in Business and Policy Studies, is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, a Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management, a Certified Coach for Social and Emotional Intelligence, a Certified Professional Coach, and a Certified Life Coach.
Doreen has worked in healthcare since 1987 in both acute care and skilled nursing. Her passion is quality improvement and risk management. She has worked to facilitate proactive interventions and to prevent negative outcomes in both the healthcare facilities and general corporations where she has worked and consulted.
Her current work focuses on the positive aspects and endless possibilities achievable by individuals, workplaces and communities.
Over these past many years, Doreen has observed what she calls the increase of “sick and sad” in our society. In response, through research, personal life experience and her years utilizing quality improvement initiatives, Doreen has created and trademarked a number of proactive and preventive programs including:
- PREinvent YOUR Life® program: Doreen has been working on this concept with the goal to prevent negative outcomes in individuals, families. The tools and skill building will assist in all types of relationships – personal and professional. PREinvent YOUR Life® assists individuals to build strengths in social and emotional intelligence skills including those, through years of assessments and coaching, Doreen feels are most important: The foundation of emotional self awareness, as well as behavioral self-control, stress management, realistic optimism, and communication. In workplaces, priority is also given to how to build bonds with others and team-building. The program is not a “one-size fits all” approach. Over the years of work, Doreen has realized a majority of people do not learn these skills. Many people, due to life situations or adverse childhood experiences a person may have experienced, a negative self belief where they do not “feel good enough” or perceptions of low self-worth or low self-confidence may develop. This program has enabled people to move forward to create their best life. Doreen is certified to administer a verified self-assessment tool for use by individuals, workplaces, and in leadership skill development. The PREinvent YOUR Life® program is tailored to meet the needs for individuals, schools, workplaces and other organizations. Doreen is working on her 2nd book entitled: Unraveling the “RE”, the PREinvent YOUR Life® Toolbox.
- Employee Prevention Program (EPP)® and the Enjoy Life Community® best workplace practice: Doreen has developed these programs to bring a positive and visible initiative, not a punitive focus, to our workplaces. A proactive approach is offered through these programs with the goal to create a cohesive workplace, prevent negative outcomes in our workers and our workplaces, increase worker engagement, decrease workplace hostility and incivility, and end the need to “put out fires” because of team conflicts and struggles. See More: www.EmployeePreventionProgram.com
- Enjoy Life Community® Program: Empower entire communities to focus on the strengths and possibilities in their communities and develop solutions that will benefit the whole community through a unique application of positive psychology.
- Schools, Colleges & Universities,
- Any Neighborhood
- High Risk Neighborhoods or Groups
- Business Communities
Doreen has been developing a “HUB” of resources for people to learn what they need to know to be happy, healthy, have money and a work life balance, what she termed “The Time to Play Philosophy”.
Grant opportunities are available through the Time to Play Foundation, a not for profit 501c3 advocacy organization with the goal to enrich the lives of people and communities through programs, public awareness outreach activities, events and learning opportunities that promote and further the concept of enjoying life.
Doreen has pledged a goal to spark 1 million people to learn what they need to know to create a better life for themselves, their families and their communities.
Doreen believes that it is possible to make every moment of our day feel like we are “at play”. Even at work. We have all heard the saying, “If you love what you do you never work a day in your life”. It is time to enjoy life. It is time to play.
Emotional Wellness Webinar with Brookhaven Town Councilwoman Valerie M. Cartright 4/29/2020: Doreen Guma joined Councilwoman Valerie M. Cartright on Wednesday, 4/29/2020 for a live broadcast to bring our community a mid-week wellness check! Every single person needs to make efforts to take care of our mental and emotional health, especially during the pandemic.