So, the big day has come. The Birthday. 45! So fast the time goes.
What accomplishments did I achieve? (Check all that apply . . .)
- Education: a masters degree and board certification – check
- Kids: 3 children, ages 19, 16 and 15 – check
- Husband: almost 23 years! – check
- Job: started my own company 5 years ago after working in corporate for 19 years – check
- House: needs to be cleaned for the holidays, but yes, got one – check
- Pets: a dog and a fish and a frog – check
- Car: bought a fun jeep! – check
- Happiness: I do believe I have this – most days, anyway – check
- Health: I’m certainly pretty happy with the health of myself and my family – check’
- Friends and family: I am lucky to have these wonderful people in my life – check
What else could anyone ask for? Not much, I guess. The only think missing is the “fun” I have feel I haven’t had — the ability to step away from my desk and enjoy the beauty that surrounds me. The need to take the time to talk to my kids, take that walk, go to a movie. The mindset to be “light” and “free”.
My answer? My midlife crisis project, the development of the www.timetoplay.com site, and my mission for it to be a resource for people, an assistance and an ability for them to find a quality of life while I, also, pursue the things that will additionally make me happy.
Although I don’t know who wrote it, I wanted to share a quote — “Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming … WOW! What a ride!”
It’s something to aspire to, and my intention, although not to hurt myself (I don’t like pain) for the next chapter in my life.