https://timetoplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TIME-TO-PLAY-LOGO-resources.png 0 0 Brian White https://timetoplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TIME-TO-PLAY-LOGO-resources.png Brian White2013-08-08 18:47:152013-08-08 18:47:15Retirement Income Shortfalls
Retirement Income Shortfalls
If you’re lucky, your expected income sources will be more than enough to fund even a lengthy retirement. But what if it looks like you’ll come up short? Don’t panic–there are probably steps that you can take to bridge the gap. A financial professional can help you figure out the best ways to do that, but here are a few suggestions:
- Try to cut current expenses so you’ll have more money to save for retirement
- Shift your assets to investments that have the potential to substantially outpace inflation (but keep in mind that investments that offer higher potential returns may involve greater risk of loss)
- Lower your expectations for retirement so you won’t need as much money (no beach house on the Riviera, for example)
- Work part-time during retirement for extra income
- Consider delaying your retirement for a few years (or longer)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!