The Time to Play Foundation is a 501c3 not for profit enjoy life advocacy organization with the goal to enrich the lives of people and communities through programs, public awareness outreach activities, events and learning opportunities that further the concept of enjoying life.
The Foundation has been created to be a resource for the quest for quality of life; a focus on the positive and possibilities so people can learn what they need to know to enjoy life.
We do NOT “fight against” drugs, or poverty, or depression, or bullying, or suicide, etc., but FIGHT FOR the goal of life enjoyment. The Foundation offers a spark / awareness / opportunity for people to want to learn what they need to create a better life for themselves, their families and their community.
- The Foundation advocates for the philosophy that it is necessary to be happy, healthy, have money and a work life balance to achieve quality of life.
- The Foundation is an education program for self-awareness, a key foundational skill needed for life enjoyment offered through programs including the PREinvent YOUR Life® toolkit.
- The Foundation provides an objective to bring people together in their communities (work or school or neighborhood) to focus on the positive and possibilities and work towards SOLUTIONS through the Enjoy Life Community® model.
- The Foundation is a resource where we will offer, sell and/or provide items from artists and educators. The items / programs will shift people to develop resources to create a better life. The items are a reminder and reinforcement of the importance of life enjoyment and will keep them on track with positive reminders, tools and educational opportunities.
- The Foundation is a place for people of all ages to learn what they need to know to enjoy life, and where different programs are offered to do so including art, mindfulness, music, and education. You don’t know what you don’t know, after all!
- Time to Play is for all people. There is no pinpoint target. There is not one person who should be omitted from the spark to enjoy life – no one is too young, no one is too old, and no one of any particular gender should think they cannot love their life.
- Seeing life as hard or tedious is learned behavior. The true goal of the PREinvent YOUR Life® program is to provide resources prenatally. This awareness is expected to eliminate negative outcomes through awareness of how adverse childhood experiences and learned behaviors can create a misconception that people are “not good enough”, a common reason for life dis-satisfaction. Instead, it is our intention to provide resources for people to learn skills so they can be happy as themselves. The PREinvent YOUR Life® book will be forthcoming within the next 3-6 months.
- The Foundation is intended to be international, not just our local community. There are millions of people in the world who live in despair and poverty right now, but we believe that they don’t have to. People may live what they know and may have become dis-empowered, believing they need to wait for someone to come and “fix” them. We believe that all they need to do is focus on a solution for themselves, their families or their community — whatever they think that may be — instead of society’s common focus on the “problem”. This will help shift instead to empowerment and their ability to create a better life for themselves, their families and their community.
Group / Community Focus
Helping people to create and empower entire communities: By following the principles of the Enjoy Life Community® program, the Time to Play Foundation can empower communities to focus on the strengths and possibilities in their communities and develop solutions that will benefit the whole community through a unique application of positive psychology.
Working with any community, we could bring awareness of the ability to focus on the positive strengths and possibilities of any community including:
- Schools, Colleges & Universities,
- Any Neighborhood
- High Risk Neighborhoods or Groups
- Business Communities
In any community structure, the result of the program is to create SOLUTIONS and bring ALL community organizations, groups and businesses together to focus on the strengths, positive and possibilities of the community as a whole, to encourage all community people to get involved, to spread the news of the good works of the community groups and people are currently doing, to eliminate the hopelessness that people feel, to eliminate the thinking they are powerless and to encourage them to believe that, as a community, anything can be achieved.
RESULTING IN the increase of community participation, decrease of social isolation, creation of solutions, increase of community engagement, improvement of business, and potential to decrease negative outcomes including by those experiencing PTSD. This is implemented through an easy to utilize replicable model and includes the development of educational and empowerment programs, community events (i.e. Job Fair) and community awareness based on individual community findings working with local government (or corporate leadership in a business scenario).
The Time to Play Foundation is a solution-focused 501c3 not for profit corporation with the mission and purpose to enrich the lives of individuals and communities through educational programs, public awareness outreach activities, events and learning opportunities that further the concept of achieving life balance, mental and physical health, self-empowerment and happiness (a.k.a. enjoying life).
The intended outcome for these proactive programs that focus on empowerment and the solution of life enjoyment is to decrease the possibilities for negative outcomes including social isolation that lead to, for example, the increased possibilities for suicide, drug use, or gang involvement. Funding is provide through private donations used to support the Foundation’s programs, including the Enjoy Life Community® and PREinvent Your Life® programs, as well as supporting local organizations that seek to improve the well-being of others.
This is accomplished through seminars and events promoting effective communication, relationships, health, financial strength, stress management, and achieving purpose in life.
Individual Focus & Empowerment
The PREinvent Your Life® program serves to enable individuals to develop skills to PREinvent their life versus the typical reinvention that is the customary approach in our society today. With these proactive tools, it is anticipated better choices could be made by the individual to be happy, healthy, have money and life balance to have quality of life.
The PREinvent YOUR Life® program is not a recovery or counseling program, but proactive life and coping skills that can create awareness of strengths and healthy options to individuals that, when implemented, may result in healthy choices, positive behaviors and a positive life experience.
Programs focus on topics such as coping, happiness, positive communication, emotional intelligence, life / work balance, business success, mindfulness. Programs are available for ages youth through seniors and those who currently experience a negative life situation creating a refocus to positive strengths and options including veterans or at-risk youth or other populations.