The financial planning process can involve a number of professionals.
- Financial planners typically play a central role in the process, focusing on your overall financial plan, and often coordinating the activities of other professionals who have expertise in specific areas.
- Accountants or tax attorneys provide advice on federal and state tax issues.
- Estate planning attorneys help you plan your estate and give advice on transferring and managing your assets before and after your death.
- Insurance professionals evaluate insurance needs and recommend appropriate products and strategies.
- Investment advisors provide advice about investment options and asset allocation, and can help you plan a strategy to manage your investment portfolio.
- The most important member of the team, however, is you. Your needs and objectives drive the team, and once you’ve carefully considered any recommendations, all decisions lie in your hands.