Here are some tips you may consider that may be helpful for you.
- Find new ways to celebrate! Host a party with your friends in recovery. Plan some fun recipes with non-alcoholic drinks and delicious foods.
- Stay connected and share your triggers with someone close; you’re not alone-pick up the phone!
- Set boundaries with your friends and family members. Share where your head is at, and plan ahead together for family gatherings.
- Watch for certain foods that may have alcohol-just the taste can be a trigger at times. Learn to say “No” in away that is comfortable for you.
- Give yourself a little extra self care. Take some quiet time and work on an attitude of gratitude.
- Smile-it’s definitely contagious!
- Get involved in helping others; it takes us out of our own head at times. Help the family with whatever needs to get done.
- Leave your judgement at the door, and don’t take things personally. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments!
- Focus on positive people and things. Be good to you! Then you can be there for others.
- Dress nice, feel good, share hugs, learn something new, teach someone something, stay true to you!