I think I’ve finally got it. I think I’ve finally figured out how to enjoy life. I had an “ah ha” moment (thank you Jim Ryan for the terminology of Ah ha moments). I think the key to enjoying life is learning.
Here’s some of my thoughts on how learning can help you enjoy life. I realize it’s kind of simple:
- Learn what you need so you can enjoy life – there are so many resources out there.
- Learn from past mistakes
- Learn from life experiences:
- Learn who you want to be friends with, who makes you happy, who makes your life better, who makes you feel badly about yourself and, therefore, who you should not “hang out” with
- Learn what makes you happy
- Learn what you can to make your life better
- Learn what you need to make your life what you want it to be
- Learn to be what you want to be in your career
- Learn how to do something you’ve always wanted to do
- Learn to live in the “NOW” and to observe the little things that you’ve been missing because you’ve been too busy to notice
- Learn a new skill and how to make money
- Learn how to eat healthy
- Learn how to communicate with your kids
- Learn how to be a community again.
I’ve realized, as it pertains to myself, that stress is brought about by the pressure we put on ourselves in our daily lives. And, when you look at society, I think this has a big part of why people are ill or depressed now-a-days. How many of us can be described as “tormented” souls.
So, I’ve determined that, at least for me, learning is the key to enjoying life. And, that’s the true reason I started www.timetoplay.com. It was my way to learn how to enjoy life. I’ve learned so much, so far, from the amazing professionals that are part of this people-helping-people project, and know I will continue to learn how to be happy, healthy, have money and a work life balance because of the amazing things they write.
And, I have learned from the books I have been reading that have been recommended to me as part of this project, books I would never have read. Learning is the answer.
There is a solution to every problem, and, as Eckhart Tolle noted in his book, The Power of Now, problems are created by our mind. So, I will continue to seek out what I need to “fix” the “problems” that I have created because I have not taken the time to learn a better way because of being too busy or too overwhelmed. You know you get caught up in the momentum of the day to day.
Through all of these resources, I’ve learned that I can be more in control, and look forward to continue learning.
I had a “woo hoo” type of day. A day that was so long in coming. And, I know there will be more to come.
# # #
Embrace the www.TimetoPlay.com philosophy — you have to be happy, healthy, have money and a work life balance to have quality of life. It’s time to enjoy life. Visit www.timetoplay.com to find resources for a better life.
P.S. — Totally check out the TimetoPlay.com discussion forum. I’ve been working really hard to develop a discussion forum to include things we need to enjoy life. It’s not a Facebook! It’s a place to go and get what you need and then go out and do it!